Youth Mental Health First Aid Training
April 23 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
THE TOWN OF BROOKHAVEN YOUTH BUREAU IS PROUD TO PRESENT
What is Youth Mental Health First Aid Training
What is Youth Mental Health First Aid?
* A public education program focused on equipping
adults who work with youth (ages 12-18) who
may be experiencing a mental health challenge or
in a crisis.
You will Learn:
* Risk factors & warning signs of different mental health
challenges common among adolescents
* A 5 step action plan to support an adolescent developing
signs and symptoms of mental illness or in an emotional
* Asses for risk of suicide or self-harm
* Listen nonjudgmentally
* Give reassurance and information
* Encourage appropriate professional help
* Encourage self-help and other support strategies
If you are interested in increasing your skills to better service the people
you care for…
This will help anyone provide support to a person with a mental health problem or someone experiencing a crisis until professional treatment is obtained or until the crisis is resolved.
April 23, 2019
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Brookhaven Town Hall
2nd Floor, Media Room
1 Independence Hill
Farmingville, NY 11738
Breakfast to be provided. Café on site available for lunch.
RSVP by April 16, 2019 to (631) 451-8011. Seating is limited.
Program made possible by Association for Mental Health & Wellness